If you would like to write a little something about Valerie, please send it to Lynn Baron at Renaissancecotons@gmail.com and I will add it to the blog.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

♥Words from Vicky♥

I have never met Valerie Ford personally but I have spoken to her on the phone many times. She regularly checked on the Cotons that lived with me. They were my friend’s dogs but I groomed, raised and trained them for the show ring. I have titled a few of Val’s breeding in both UKC and CKC shows. The last one that I helped my friend with was a sweet little female off her “Envy Me” bitch that she spoke so highly of. This was in September of 2011.

She told me about one of her breeding “Kazaam” that she was so proud of. She also spoke of how she was involved in the testing of Banderas and she wept remembering the tiny bodies she shipped off to be tested. She explained how she helped to create a DNA for this and now as breeders we can test before we breed.

We also discussed perhaps attending a Coton Specialty one day. Unfortunately that will not happen now.

This was one really special lady that made a name for herself in the Coton breed. She will be sadly missed.

Till I meet you again.   Vicky


No comments:

Post a Comment