If you would like to write a little something about Valerie, please send it to Lynn Baron at Renaissancecotons@gmail.com and I will add it to the blog.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

♥Words from Suzanne Lavigne♥

I was shocked and very sad when I heard the news of Valerie's death.  I have fond memories of Valerie, our long conversation about our dogs, our families and life. "Life isn't always fair" as it is hard to think that in one instant a life is just taken away. Life brings tears, smiles and memories. The tears dry, the smile fades, but the memories live on forever.
On the day after hearing the news of her death, I was reminiscing about our discussions, moments we had shared at dog shows and the one memory that came back to my mind was the First Autumn show in Canada, October 16/17, 2004.  After the show we had organized a banquet and Valerie came with her mother and brother. She was so happy to have had the opportunity to offer such an unforgettable evening to her mother and brother. A few days after the event Valerie wrote that that evening was so special for her mother, fulfilling a dream of living a night of glamour. Her mother died a few months later.  That was Valerie, always thinking of making others happy.  
The last time I met Valerie was in Texas where I had judged the USACTC Specialty.  This is what Valerie wrote : « I would like to take the opportunity to thank you the presentation of the Lopatin award honouring Simba for his achievements. I would also like to thank you for my Best of Winners win in the Specialty show. After 13 years of breeding Cotons, this weekend proved to me that I have consistancy within my breeding program. When looking at the show results my little ones placed in the winnings 4 of the 6 shows. I am so proud of them!!! » 

Valerie and I never missed wishing each other the best on our birthdays as we shared the same day, November 14, but this year she will hear my prayer, wishing her wherever she is, that she is happy.
My heartfelt condolences and deepest sympathy goes out to Valerie’s family as you struggle through the grief and sadness. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers
May Valerie rest in peace and may God bless her soul in peace and paradise

Suzanne Lavigne
De Montarville Coton de Tuléar




No comments:

Post a Comment